Wednesday, October 14, 2009

5.

A brief one I think this week..
.
.
Still no word from my dear love Rosemary. I hope she got my letter...
.
LADYHAWKE:
Masterton’s hottest female musical export is due back in town this week to go stay with Mum.
Aaaaaaaaaw.
And get this, she recently bought her childhood home for her parents and they are going to do it up.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.
What a good bitch.
.
AISLING SYMES’ BODY FOUND:
It’s a real shame, but aren’t you glad she isn’t being kept in someone’s basement?
Surely a fate worse than death.
.
ANGUS KEBBELL:
The Martinborough man making a fortune off his mother’s muesli recipe.
Nice.
.
MELISSA LEE, NATIONAL POLITICIAN:
Gee, what do ya know, another dodgy National politician. What a shock. I’m SO glad people like this are running our country… (insert deadpan look here).
.
'BODY BLOW' BY THE HEADLESS CHICKENS:
Has recently been making a resurgence in my playlist. This is the album I lived most of my teenagehood through. Well, there were three. The other two were 'Very Necessary' by Salt N Pepa, and 'Erotica' by Madonna. But that’s another story.
Headless Chickens were my favourite band and I still think they’re great.
Not to gush, but FUCK yeah.
Dig it back out of your CD collections and give it a whirl.
…yeah yeah, I know 'Stunt Clown' is the benchmark, bla bla…
“Oh, do the Headless Chicken,
All together now, fingers clickin’,
You’re not safe in mother’s aaaaaaaaooooaaaaaaaooooaaaaaooooaaarms, LOOK OUT!”
.
PLAYIN’ TV & MIND GAMES ON SKY:
Don’t bother. Ugh.
.
THE THEFT OF CARTERTON FIRE STATION’S CENTURY OLD BRONZE FIRE BELL:
What the???
The thing weighs over 200 kilo’s, for one.
And would only fetch $700 sold as scrap.
What a dick.
Having had an Uncle in the Carterton Volunteer Fire Service for as long as I’ve been alive, I find this sort of petty theft abhorrent.
Surely the history of our town is worth more than $700.
TUT TUT.
.
LITTLE BOOTS:
Something about her has got me. She’s infectious, and entirely too cute.
.
THE SUGABABES REPLACING THEIR LAST REMAINING MEMBER.
BAH HA! Good luck with that one.
.
THE B52’S:
I am SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to seeing these guys in December. In MARTINBOROUGH of all places. Now if anyone wants to give me an ACDC ticket, my wish list will be complete. For now...

No comments:

Post a Comment