Thursday, April 8, 2010

23.
.
OUR NATIONAL GOVERNMENT:
My opinion?
UGH.
I cannot even begin to explain how fucked off with them I am... But I’m sure I’ll manage.
Dirty rotten irresponsible fuckbag cunts sorta scratches the surcace. I actually woke up angry with them this morning, enough to be writing this almost immediately.
I can’t say I’m surprised though. Just horrified.
Can you imagine 5000 hectares of National Park being dug up? They say they have reduced that number to 700 but trust me, once they’ve started, they won’t just stop at 700.
In fact they may even pretend to take up public consideration about the issue when the time comes, but this is a farce also. Like the ‘Wellywood’ issue at the moment – more on that later.
That’s one reason I hate the government at the moment.
A 40% tax cut (in fact, I think it may even be higher than that, I’m not 100% certain on that number) for the already extremely rich?? And infinitesimal tax breaks for the lower earners, that will be completely eaten PLUS SOME by a raise in GST anyway?
BULLSHIT.
That’s TWO reasons I hate the government right now.
Hmm, what else can I hate them about… Oh yeah, I read a stunning article on how it wants to pretty much nullify Maori Land ownership, and then have the iwi’s reapply and dole it out as it sees fit…
This one just actually leaves me speechless.
That’s three reasons I hate the government right now.
Surprisingly, I don’t hate all of what it’s doing with its benefit crackdowns at the moment, even though I am being given the complete runaround with my own.
The process remains the same, but the people you have to deal with change every step of the way just so you have to explain yourself a trillion times… much like the health system really.
I hate that the process only has so many boxes to fill, and asks nothing about a persons’ capabilities or pain levels… much like the strangers presented with your case every step of the way.
I hate that the last time I ended up ignoring my back I ended up in this situation, and I’m STILL back to thinking “Fuck this shit, maybe I should just work myself to the bone”, knowing full well that that will crank my pain up to Torturous so I’d have to be taking so much morphine I’d be almost dead anyway, take about three months to achieve tops, and that afterwards I’d be well and truly munted for life, purely because the process is such a fucking exercise in endurance and frustration that it makes you MAD. BAD MAD.
That’s four, FOUR reasons I hate the government right now.
What else can I hate them for, oh that’s right. How about we take even LESS care of our elderly than we currently do by taking away their (meager) discount travel cards and superannuation! That’s sounds like a top move, PLUS, it’s money they can give to THEMSELVES for things like free travel for themselves and families, free food, free accommodation, things like that. On top of their already stupendous salaries. That all sounds pretty fair, right? I mean you can TELL they’re working hard for their money because they’re all in such good shape!...
What a pack of major Fuckbags.
That’s five, FIVE reasons I HATE the government right now, AH HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Bitches.
Worst of all, they just get away with this shit because at the end of the day, they have final say, no matter what the country is saying, and mostly, they couldn’t care less anyway.
Fuck you John Key, and all those fat cunts whose necks actually burst out of their collars because they’re eating a third of the nations’ food supplies for dinner...
You’re all despicable.
Aaaaah, nothing like a good Vent in the morning…
.
A WELLYWOOD SIGN IN WELLINGTON:
For those of you overseas, Wellington Airport is planning on building a big white WELLYWOOD sign on the Mirimar Hills, so landing tourists can go “Ooh, cause they make films here TOO, I GET IT!”
Most of Wellington seems to be in agreement with me.
And my opinion?
Tacky. Unoriginal. Gross.
Hollywood sucks, Wellington doesn’t.
Wellington is in no way like Los Angeles.
Don’t do it.
And again, I think the airport is playing like the government.
Right now it’s saying “Come up with something better, or Wellywood stays.”
What a load of shit. That is the biggest placating tactic. It’s something you use on children to give them the illusion that they have some power over the situation.
“Do you want weet-bix or toast?”
“Gumboots or shoes?”
Of course I couldn’t care less which one they choose as long as they eat and have warm feet and in the end, I’ll end up with a fed, dressed kid just like I intended.
And that’s what the airport’s doing.
“Come up with something better, or Wellywood stays” is just an illusion of choice that is very soon going to be followed by
“Nothing was better than Wellywood so that’s what it’s going to be.”
Here’s hoping the first few waves of vandalism are enough to get it removed for good once it’s up.
.
RE-RUNS OF THE X FILES:
And my opinion?
Awesome. Right this moment I am watching Mulder and Scully kiss for the first time at midnight on New Years Eve 2000. Iconic TV moments like that are pretty cool to catch.
.
RE-RUNS OF BAYWATCH:
Ok. This one I’m actually ashamed of. BUT…
My opinion?
I gotta tell ya… I don’t know how it happened, but I’m hooked. Lately I have come to cranking up the volume whenever that AWESOME theme song starts – which has me wanting to take up the piano again just so I can play it at parties – and from then on in I’m sittin’ there with a stupid grin on my face actually feeling my brain melt out my ears…
Imagine being the guy who Ok’d the scripts! He was either a college graduate who hated his job, or a college student who LOVED it.
Ok, ok, Baywatch was hardly around for its amazing writing, but I can’t help noticing things like that. The other thing I notice is all the really bad 90’s swimwear. And, of course, all the hot bitches in it.
But man, it is mind-numbing beyond belief. Somehow they even manage to jam in at least three musical number montages to fill up the time as well. No wonder it was the biggest show of all time, it was a hypno-show. Like Everybody Loves Hypno-Toad.
.
RAT DOGS:
My street is full of Rat Dogs.
Seriously, every house from my house to the corner has at least one.
Despite the fact that I've been there for over a year now, they still hate me.
They wait for me, behind gates and bushes, until I am near, not approaching but NEAR, and then start yapping their stupid little heads off, usually making me shit my pants in the process.
Yes, despite the fact that I have been there for over a year now, I often forget they exist and am usually given a heart attack every time I leave the house.
I would lean over the gates and snap their little necks, but their owners are often around, chuckling at their "naughty little scamps" and their escapades... if only they knew that their dogs are actually posessed by demons. Then they wouldn't mind me murdering them.
.
THE POPE:
Gee, a cover up involving a priest molesting boys?
My opinion?
NOOOOOO.
I’m shocked…

5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you didn't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who didn't vote in the last election (too lazy to go to the polls) and then have the audacity to bitch and moan about the current government!
    I can't understand people who say politics doesn't interest them, they and their policies effect all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the Wellywood sign would be unoriginal and tacky. Yes, I have been to Tunnel Beach! Went for the first time sometime last year. It's really beautiful! I love the cliffs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MOON - Thanks! I got over my tanty.

    EMMA - Don't even get me started.

    LINNYKINS - Isn't Tunnel Beach amazing??? Do you know the legend? There's a castle nearby, I can't remember the name of it, but anyway the King or whoever ordered that staircase to be built for his daughter so she could have a private beach of her own. Unfortunately she drowned her first time there. Pretty amazing beach, but not cut out for swimming though. Dangerous waters...

    ReplyDelete