Thursday, May 6, 2010

27.
.
SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE: Wow… Apart from a few, RARE gems… this show is really really BAD. What the fuck??? Like… TERRIBLE. Embarrassingly bad. Like… REALLY FUCKIN BAD. I can’t actually believe how bad it is. It’s disgusting that there are people in the world being paid tens of thousands of dollars to write complete and utter shit.
… I wish I was one of those people…
.
MY DRINK DRIVING WHANAU:It’s crazy that in 2010 and after all we know, people still get behind a wheel drunk. I’m unlucky enough to have a drink driving whanau. Not unlucky to have them FOR whanau, just unlucky that they happen to be the Luckiest whanau on the Planet when it comes to drink driving.
They – luckily for them, unluckily for the big picture – VERY RARELY get pulled over for it, which enables the illusion they can get away with it.
Most of them don’t even think twice about it – it’s just what they’ve always done and will probably always do. It doesn’t help at all that the ones who are inclined to drink drive are also Bad Drunks who can’t handle their piss yet drink like fish, AND have young children in tow.
Drive to the party, get absolutely rotten, then fall in the car and somehow drive home even though they can barely walk or hold their eyes open isn’t an accident – it’s A PLAN.
It’s the routine.
It’s the NORM.
I hate to say it, but it actually would take something really big, awful and life-changing like a fatal accident for some of them to change their ways. I would never wish it on anyone, but it’s unfortunate that that’s what it would take for some of them.
…It Fucks me Right Off.
What Fucks me off the most about it all, is the Kids that get dragged along for the ride, especially the babies…
Last Saturday night, because I’d been working all evening and got to the party later, I found myself offering to drive because my blitzed cousin was about to roll in the car with her kids and I’d only had two beers so I thought I better. After dealing with having to find the keys to move two cars that were parked thoughtlessly in front of others so I could finally drive one lot home, I got back to find another cousin in the freezing cold with her two screaming babies about to blindly roll her van home, and yet another cousin having a tantrum because I had his keys from moving his car and I’d been gone for all of three minutes... After spending ten minutes getting the babies into their seats and getting ready to go, hello, no keys.
“Where are your keys cuz?”
Shrugs.
Go back inside to party to find the keys, only to discover a raging argument going on inside between more whanau, who are then trying to ask me to sort their shit out.
“Actually, I’m just dealing with your sister and her two screaming babies at the moment so deal with your own shit.”
Five minutes looking for keys later, and no results. So I have to go outside and do what I’d been telling her to do all along – get the two screaming babies and the now crying drunk mother into the other car so I can get them home. Finally, we’re all in the car and hello, "where’s my daughter?"
ARE YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME?
SO, go back into the party to get sleeping daughter on the couch, drag her through the housefight, into the freezing cold, and into the car with her drunk mother and two screaming brothers.
Now, only a few people in the world really KNOW how hard it is to try and organise ANYTHING, let alone a pack of drunks and moving cars and kids, while there is a screaming baby in your ears. The noise of a really tired, inconsolable, shrieking baby really stunts your thought process, kills your ears, and shreds your heart up which makes you want to go faster but you can’t think very well… It’s an awful, STRESSFUL place to be. And to have other drunks around you who are completely selfish and can’t even start to LOOK at the bigger picture while asking you to do shit for them like Roll a cigarette, or do this or get that for me… Fuck I just wanna slap my cousins sometimes, and in fact, I’m thinking I might have to pull some rank on their asses and dish it out to them as their older cousin.
But if I’m to spread out the bigger picture even further, it’s not just my cousins. They’re just doing what all my aunties and uncles do too. They’re just doing what they were brought up to do. And here I come back to the kids again.
I DON’T WANT MY NEICES AND NEPHEWS AND YOUNGER COUSINS TO PERPETUATE THIS BULLSHIT CYCLE!!!!!
I don’t want the fact that my whanau is one of the biggest drink driving families in the region to REMAIN a fact, KEEP ON BEING a fact well into the future. A sick tradition carried on through generations.
Fuck that shit.
It’s BULLSHIT and WE ALL KNOW IT.
There is No Reason for it anymore.
As adults and parents, they have to know that what they are doing isn’t productive, it isn’t positive, it’s just bad form all round, and that’s putting it lightly.
There is NO REASON that a plan for travel, a plan for staying the night, A PLAN AT ALL (!!!) can’t be put in place BEFORE you’re actually so shit faced you don’t know what you’re doing…
A lot of things make the Mad Scorpion Mad, but THIS… My beautiful baby cousins being dragged along for a drunken night time ride while their parents remain totally and blissfully oblivious???
THAT MAKES ME MAD.
Fuckin.
Selfish.
Cunts.
…I may even have to tell them that next time I see them. Fuck it. What’s the worst that can happen? They ignore me and carry on doing what they’re doing??? Oh no, how will I cope…
Perhaps I should just start calling the Cops on their ass.
“Gee, how did I end up in the cells cuz, I can’t remember!!!”
“Mm, yeah, neither…”

.
MY NEXT-DOOR NEIGHBOUR:
I live in a house that is split into two flats. In the other flat lives an older guy - like, mid 40's - named Warren. Or Wazza, as I like to affectionately call him behind his back.
I had probably my first decent conversation with him EVER this morning. We ran into each other at the bakery. Last night as I got home from work he was talking to the cops on his doorstep, so this morning I asked him what was going on.
Turns out he was chased with a knife by a young guy as he got off the train from Masterton.
...IN CARTERTON?!?!?!?!
What's the world coming to when knives are being pulled on people at the Carterton fucking Railway Station... That's BULLSHIT.
Warren is kinda like... the personification of where I might be in fifteen years time. A lone, an easy target with mental and health problems who lives alone... gulp.
He's actually harmless, a nice guy even, but this morning he was lamenting his life somewhat. He is frustrated that no matter what he does with his life, trouble always seems to find him and whenever he tries to right his life it all turns to shit, and he is basically about ready to give up on life.
...I resisted the urge to bleat on about Positive Visualisation, and if you picture it happening it more often than not does happen, and bad thoughts attract bad happenings and people, and go towards the light and bla bla...
I didn't know how to say it without sounding like a patronising Hippy.
I believe him too. I KNOW he's not a trouble Seeker. The stories he was telling me about how he ended up in the position he's in - with a fucked back because he got a beating from the Cops and sub-standard after-care - lead me to believe that he really IS a good guy finding it extremely difficult to do the right thing.
When he told me that he was recently put ON the Invalids Benefit - much to his chagrin I might add (one of his pet hates is having too much money) - we had a good ol laugh about Irony and the bullshit Health System and how Doctors are mostly arseholes bla bla.
It seems almost like fate that we have been drawn together like this...
Perhaps I need to be conversing with my neighbour more often.
I think we might have a bit to learn from each other.
...or not. Never know 'til I find out.
.
HOLE:
Courtney Love's at it again!
I'm not sure wether to be joyous or... cautious.
Instead of "Oh YEAH!", I'm going "...Aaaaaaaaw yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah?"
I wish I was excited, buuuuuuuuuuuut...
Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
We'll see.
.

1 comment: